My Diet Plan.. Say what?

hey guys! i've received some really nice comments and also a very high readership for my last blogpost. well i spent 3 hours writing that so im really happy that people takes time to read it! (: *totally ignores the fact that it is because i publicised my blog on all three social platforms that i have* hahaha. okay, but anyway, i got one comment asking if i can reveal my current diet plan... well, idk who asked that but since someone did, so here goes nothing. My diet plan is....

SEMI-VEGAN DIET
yea, but basically i only restrict myself from red meat. I haven't turned fully vegan because mom insists that i must get my protein from lean white meat (which in my case is chicken breast) and fish (salmon). well, so basically the entire week i get by with lots of vegetables and lots of fruits! i used to hate vegetables, like really hate it to the maximum. i only eat veggies that my omma cooks. now im better but ill find stores that sell veggies that are less oily.

But i know it is really hard to keep a balanced diet especially when you are studying and you eat out. Well, basically what i do is that i don't eat much outside. I have tried months not eating from school. at all. either i bring my own food or all i eat is the pancake from mr bean/liushabao from munch. So yea, but that didn't really get me to lose weight either, because i stil ate like a cow. all the meat i eat during weekends are horrifying. hahahah.

So how does a student like me try to eat healthier in school? i cannot say much about other schools or outside. because i am really weird. I am so used to my mom's cooking i tend to hate outside food because they are always so filled with MSG and oil. Machiam the oil no need money one sia. so since im supposed to talk about my diet plan.. so why not i say what i choose to eat in school?

  • Munch 
A canteen that i go to basically every tuesday, because my lesson ends there. Well, i do think that i eat alot more things in munch than any other canteens in the school. I dont go to canteen 4 or poolside because that is freaking too far (im a LSCT student and my classes are at the other end of the world... okay, the school.) so what i eat in munch is from the vegetarian store when i am feeling hungry. Like those I-need-rice type of hungry. Because they offer brown rice, which is so much healthier than processed white rice. I always eat brown rice at home and i find it nicer than white rice. Yes i do enjoy white rice, who doesn't like sweet and fragrant white rice right? Well, but then if you are on a diet or just wants to eat something healthier, opt for brown rice. It doesn't taste as sweet but it isn't THAT bad either. However, there is one thing that is lacking in this store which is the oiliness of their food. by the time i finish their food, my entire mouth was super oily. maybe it is norm for most of you, but for me, i didn't quite like it. Even when i cook at home, i only use minimal amount of oil. No matter what i cook (well, i don't deep fry my food either). but nevertheless, they offer a wide range of veggies to choose from. you can also opt for the mixed-veg store too. Tho that offers white rice, but if you see the veg that you like there but not at the vegan store, so why not? you can always eat white rice in moderation. I will get to that like in the next point. Ive personally never tried the mix-veg rice store in Munch tho.

Another thing that i love about munch is that there is Mr Bean! i love soya bean products! tho i realised that their pancakes are pretty high in calories but come on, don't deprive yourself from what you like right? just eat in moderation. i am no expert in this diet thing, but i sure know that i should not be keeping myself away from food that i love. i can eat less, but i won't abstain from sweet treats. also, i like their soya ice cream! it is totally nice! another sweet treat. And when i drink soya milk form that store, unless i drink pearly soya milk(which i have stopped drinking ever since i realised how unhealthy pearls are), i will order the no-sugar soya milk. well, i haven't ordered this in school yet, but when im outside, i will order this. I used to drink that everyday during my work at esprit because my lunch time was a tat bit too irregular. too early for dinz, too late for lunch. so most of the time i get by with the cheapest and fullest thing i can find--soya milk.

  • Makan Place
The second most popular place that i always go for meals. Well, my cheat meals from makan place would be my all time favourite kaki-fuyong and the waffles. Kaki fuyong is basically egg, with chicken/oyster/prawn in a hotplate served with white rice. It is really nice and i think everyone should try it! another thing that everyone should try is the WAFFLES! i love it so so so much! and if you guys notice how people like to include peanut butter in their diet when they try to eat healthier well you can opt for that ( i always do). i was quite dumbfounded a while ago like i know peanut butter is actually very high in calorie and high cholesterol. But then why do people eat it? well, i saw it somewhere that it has healthy fats. thats why. well, eat in moderation then. don't gorge yourself with peanut butter just because it is healthier. Or if you are a peanut butter fanatic, maybe you can try to find recipes to make low-calorie Peanut Butter? im sure there is somewhere. (well, google is your best friend).

Those above are my sweet treats and cheat meal. But what i eat when im on my "HEALTHY" diet is that i go to the mix-veg store in Makan place. Yes they give white rice, which i do eat. But i only eat like 1/2 of the serving that they give me. And what i like about that store is that their steamed egg do not come with meat in it. omg i hate it when stores do that just so that they can count it as a meat dish. Well, the other day i ordered 2 different veg and a steamed egg for just $2.10! so cheap! and the serving is just right for me too. and a tip for you guys who love white rice but wants to cut down on the processed white rice, is that always eat your other dishes first. Have your veggies first. so by the time you reach your rice, you are already full. and ALWAYS EAT SLOWLY. i finally mastered the art of eating slowing after imitating theresa and weishi's eating habit. Now i can eat even slower than them sometimes. another store you guys can try is the yong-tau-foo store. well, i normally grab alot of veggies when i go and eat at these stores outside. haven't tried the ones in school yet tho. ill try it someday! but then yong tau foo rarely has meat incoporated. SO if you opt for those non-fried food and veggies, then i do think it is pretty healthy. I don't normally ask for rice or noodles too. I add more items (namely veggies) into my bowl instead of adding rice/noodles. hehehe.


okay sad to say, but i only frequent these two canteens since i started my diet. Because i only have a 3-day school week so most of the time i don't have to eat in school.


okay, so maybe you will wonder like "okay this low carb diet sounds great" or "i should have more protein" or "i should cut down fats" well, im no dietician, but i gotta say that you need to have a fair share of all. Tho, fats and carbs need to be looked at more carefully if you are really determined to lose weight. That's what i feel. For me, most of the time i only eat a fist size of rice, when  i do not need that much carbs in a day unless i have been working out. My body needs carbs for energy but i don't need my carbs to be converted into fats. so when i know that on that day im not gonna have any strenuous activities, i restrict my intake on carbs. Just have sufficient! don't go all no carb diet okay. Your body needs carbs to produce energy. Yes it can come from other sources like protein and fats but why do this to yourself? enjoy a fair share of carbs, protein and fats. in this way you can also not crave for oily food and fatty food that much too! Depriving yourself from food makes you want them more. Ive tried it before. it was horrible. i decided that i was not going to have proper meals in one day and just snack my way through with low calorie cereal bars, biscuits and fruits. BUT i didn't lose weight. because while i was depriving myself of proper food, i got constantly hungry and i literally ate everything i can find. And also,depriving yourself from a particular fav food (say chocolate), makes you keep thinking of it and you will want to eat it again. That's what always happens to me. SO i decided that ill just eat them in moderation. I do buy chocolate to eat and most of the time i buy dark choco, which is healthier than normal choco. But i dont buy it because it is healthier but more of my own fave. I like choco that is bitter. haha so lucky me. And also you must have fruits in your diet. I always bring an apple to school to snack on. I mean, i feel less guilty snacking on fruits than i snack on other things. Besides, then you wont have to spend money to buy something to fill your stomach when it is just 1 hour to lunch and then still overeat during lunch again. so an apple keeps you sufficiently full!

and last but not least... DRINK LOTS OF WATER. i try to drink as much water as i can in a day. But i do say try because i don't really have alot of time to drink it or i tend to forget. I have practical lessons and so i will be really lazy to leave the lab just to drink water. But dont be like me. dont drink when you are thirsty. Drink up frequently. You need water to help you lose weight too! if not you will have water retention which can cause your weight to fluctuate to an addition of 0.5kg to 1kg. (saw this on a taiwan show) opt for water instead of drinks next time you eat, you will feel the difference. You consume zero calorie and zero sugar. Sounds great? Definitely.


well, so this is my diet plan when im home. I cook when im home.
  •  Lots of vegetables (stir fry with minimal amount of olive oil/boiled with no oil or salt added/ate raw for salads)
  • Egg (must have. cooked with minimal amount of olive oil)
  • Fruits (snacks)
  • Salmon/Chicken Breast (salmon is pan-fried. no need to add oil because it will secrete oil on its own. Chicken breast i use air fryer to grill it. Air fryer is awesome, it helps to drain out the oil within the meat. i like to make mine a little over cooked so that it is dry and less oily. i will use some paper towels to dab on the oil to remove it.) 

yeap! okay im really bad at this. because i dont really have a specific diet plan. I am just more conscious of what i eat daily so that i can indulge when i feel like it! im not entirely skinny so if you are trying to lose weight or something, maybe you can try blogilates or some other WELL-BALANCED diet plans. so yea, this is what i always eat.. healthily 95% with 5% indulgence from time to time. I aim to lose weight (but it aint working. OTL) but more importantly i want to be healthier. And as you probably inferred, i am totally against oil and salt. hehehe. which helps me in my healthy diet. Keep it balanced girls! dont deprive, just moderation. Don't overeat, just have enough. thanks for reading. bye!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Playlist