Why People Are Narnia Muggers x Why Are They So Annoying

hello guys. here comes another of my nonsensical posts that just randomly pop up in my head that tells me to write it out because it will be so fun to procrastinate the hell out of my time when there is a pending interim report to write that is due next Sunday tomorrow. Woah, thats a long sentence, and grammatically wrong sentence. but people around me will know and would prolly have read it in my voice because that is how i always talk. in long grammatically wrong sentences that basically makes almost no sense at all. i pity my friends having to tolerate me, but i thank them for tolerating me. you guys are the best. oh and of course, my family, who faces me even Saturdays and Sundays. whoops.

i feel like a different person now though, especially after my entire month of self-pity over my results (which i had very little faith in). and notice that i made the sentence past tense. Because results are out and i thank you the bell curve, and moderation and teachers for helping me. i dont know how i did it, i dont know how they did it. but a miracle happened. in case you guys start bashing me about my results, i need to clarify that i am NOT bragging. bragging does not work this way okay. i am just writing here because i just wanted to share the fact that, well, my joy that i did well and NOT to rub it in anyone's face. i know there are friends who are concerned about me, friends who read my blogs but do not really talk to me often in person. so here i tell you, i am fine. i have learnt my lesson and i am happy to tell you, i did well. That's it. Basically, other than my family, there are only 3 others who know exactly what my grades are, and 1 who knows i did well.

and this post is partly inspired by my results. Because i realised that there is change in the reactions i get from the people around me about my results.

oh, silly me. i forgot to explain what is a Narnia Mugger. Well basically, they are what you call "Closet Muggers" but i figure that "closet" doesn't sound nearly that "atas" don't you think? so basically, over the years, i realise that there are more and more ridiculous cases of closet muggers, so i came up with this catchphrase, which is a little twist from the catchphrase of "diva" i came up with Mel the last time i spoke to her.

"Some people are closet muggers. So deep inside the closet. So deep that they step into Narnia"

Well, so hence, i call them Narnia Muggers. They mug in Narnia. Someplace that no one knows. And that is exactly what they are. I mean, people will know they are Narnia Muggers over time and then it becomes an open secret, but then you get what im driving at right? no? okay its okay, you dont get my humor. but nevermind, moving on with the Narnia, i mean Closet, Muggers.

so here's what a definition of closet mugger is. i credit the writer who came up with this definition. i grabbed it online when i searched "closet muggers"

"A closet mugger is a person who acts as though he/she dosen't study. He/she claims that he plays the whole day, go clubbing, do this do that and no time to study, when in fact his "clubbing" is actually staying at home and mug."

and they score like As in ALL of their tests. 
assholes. i know.

Well, i must admit that i used to be a closet mugger. partially i guess. In secondary school, i told people i didn't study (or rather, didn't study finish. grammatically wrong. i know).  but then i would score fairly well, and above average. And there would come all the comments hurling at me. Soon after that, people started realising that i am a closet mugger. we didn't know what that was at that time (talk about being sweet and naive.) so basically whenever i say i didn't study, people shun me. They would say "aiya, chewlin say only. she confirm got study one. later come out all As one" and when i do, there was a silent agreement that i did ,indeed, studied. well my story isn't the point, but why would people become closet muggers? i just randomly thought of it in 5 short and sweet reasons. 

1) They are afraid to admit that they do study in fear of becoming UNCOOL.

"I need to secure my future, but i also want to be cool enough for the cool kids in school."

"Studying is not cool, YOLO" ever heard something like this? well, basically everyone is studying for that one certificate that will basically determine who you are. or at least at this point of time. Am i saying that studying is uncool? no im not. but there are people who think so. Why? because life is so much more than studying for modules that you might only need 10% of it for future work or studying for modules which by the time you work, there would have already been new improvements and then you have to start studying them from scratch again. Because YOLO. People thinks those who are pretty, handsome, party, play are cooler. Not those who hide behind their books,trying to score As everytime. there are exceptions. but there are still an unspoken rule that if you study too much, you become "uncool". So why the hell should i tell people i study? Da hell with that, I'll be a closet mugger.

2) They didn't want people to call them muggers. 

"Don't label me."

Labels are everywhere. Not clothes or shoes labels. I mean human labels. we label people every single day. Its all subconscious. you look at this person, and you give the person a label. And these labels are usually nasty. And in similarity to people in the first categories, these people mug in the dark because they don't want to be labelled as muggers. But they would not lie to people that they club. they would not lie to people that they are playing. But they would never, EVER say that they studied, studying, or done studying. They don't want to be the cool kid, they just don't want to be called a mugger. and there are good and bad labels to people, mugger appears to be the bad one. 


3) They are selfish little arseholes who refuse to help anyone. 
"No, I don't know anything."  

Well, there are always people in school who are fishmongers. they refuse help to people, even those  they know. Even when approached, it is a N O from them. you see what i am driving at? if people know that you mug, people will know that you know everything that has been taught, or far more than that. It gets annoying, yes. But it is still a selfish act in refusing help to someone who have come to you. Especially if it is within your capabilities to help people! Also, some are afraid that when people come to them, they are helping them to score above them. So,

1) In the attempt to tell people "No, you shall not come to me for help", they tell people that they didn't study. Hence, people will go to others who did study and would have understand the concepts for help. 
2) In an attempt to keep all their knowledge to themselves and score better than others, they tell people they didn't study. So people will not come to them, and they will not "share" the same knowledge and these people will score (ideally) well below than what they could if the closet muggers would have just helped.

BAM. Problem solved.

4) They are unsure of their capabilities.
"Erm... i don't know correct not leh"

 pretty sure we get these alot of times. but if you mug, and people know, you can never escape a comment shooting back at you "Aiya, you got study so much, confirm correct one". well, the truth is I REALLY DON'T KNOW CORRECT OR NOT. so well, i rather mug in silent, so that people will trust me more when i say im unsure. at least when people score wrongly when they get answer from me, i can say i never study. i study secretly, no one knows. muahaha. 

5) They don't even know that they are one. 
"huh. closet mugger. simi sai? can eat one not"

pretty much self-explanatory. They dont know they are being one. They just study... silently... behind closed doors.. just them and their books.... and no one else.... and sometimes they will say people closet mugger, but actually they are one too.

 3 reasons why they are annoying: 

1) They pester for help, even when they don't need them.
"eh, help me leh. i never study leh"

truth is, they studied the whole night. just that they don't want to say only. so they act machiam they don't know anything, then go around asking people for help la. and people will help them, thinking that they really never study. but no. they are smarter than you, you doofus. i dont know why you want to do this. to get something out of someone? to get an insurance that it doesn't matter if you fail, tho you mugged? Since people know you "didnt" study, you are basically free to fail your exams without an humiliation is it? then, go one corner and sit down. dont come pester for help. annoying la.
 
2) They brag 
"OMG I NEVER STUDY ONE LEH. STILL SCORE A. "

Well, sure thing. whether you did, or did not study, we all know. We have eyes to see. over time, true colours will prevail. once, twice. thrice and its no longer a secret. Score A without studying, sure thing. you smart lo. I stupid lo. come i clap for you. i kick you back into your narnia kingdom ah. pffft.
 
3) They refuse help to people.
"wah, tough question. i never study. you go ask someone else"

Thanks. you studied, but you don't want to help. so you study secretly. *roll eyes* teach someone will make your grades go down is it. teach someone will kill you is it. tsk.




"A post that I have written a month ago but I didnt have any courage to post it up. Reason being like I said, I was a closet mugger. I admit it. And now, people knows im a mugger. Because I cant be bothered to hide. Got study means got study. Never means never. Is it that hard to admit it? Blessed to be given an education, better be proud of it eh? And I know maybe there will be people who are offended by this. But just know its just my opinion. No one is being depicted here or whatsoever. Okay thanks. Bye." 

Xoxo, 
x GeeCeeElle x



1 comments :

  1. I think certain closet muggers are fine for examples the ones who are just started mugging to prove people wrong or simply just want to have improvement. On the other hand, the kind those who claimed that they didn't study, did damn well and always answer "sorry I also don't know" are the ones who I can't stand the most. (& sadly I'm saying based on experience and I have to face it everyday especially during exams period. I think such fakeass hypocrites just wanted to proved that they're cool and "naturally" intelligent just like that. While on the other hand, imo , I respect and look up more for the students who do not only have good looks but also the diligence in them. what's the point of putting up all these fake shits, to me it's mere nothing but a childish play.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Playlist