PIROUETTES AND TURNS.

woke up to aching calf muscles and after fully waking up, i remembered that i did random pirouettes ytd at home. (surprisingly, i can remember). so decided to dedicate a post to my passion--dance. 


Part I-Contemporary.

cr:http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs10/i/2006/128/0/c/Dance_by_anisprodigy.jpg   

Dance, thanks for entering into my life.

From Secondary One to Four, I've been part of DYSS's Movement and Dance team. It was a contemporary dance group. but occasionally, we had to do Chinese dance for CNY celebrations. During my SYF, we attained a Gold. i was really devastated at that time, because we really wanted a Gold with Honours that badly. But then, i suppose theres a reason for every thing, and we are probably just a few marks away from a Gold with Honours. So, i really hope that my juniors would be able to bring up the standard of MND for next year's SYF :) 

MND hasn't just been a CCA to me. Its more like a family. a family where i can go back to every Tuesday and Thursday. Where all i do is just dance, focus, dance. Where i can throw all my worries and stress behind. and its where i know that people wont judge. Because everyone there has the same passion and goal-- to uphold the reputation of MND and more importantly, TO DANCE.

cr: Wanling's Facebook









Pursuit>Acceleration>Cross Roads


Part II-Latin

Moving on to my poly life, as much as i wanted to continue with contemporary dance, another part of me wanted to learn something new. At Ngee Ann, there is NRA, Bboy, D3, Chinese dance, and NPDS. NRA and Bboy were definitely not my thing. especially after Abraham Ho laughed at me so badly after i tried Hiphop for one of DYSS's arts special. the fear is still there. Chinese dance, i can't either. The last time i went to a Chinese dance workshop, i barely made it out alive. Then there is only D3 and NPDS left. i was kinda reluctant to join D3, because there was an audition to attend and when Jaclyn agreed to accompany me to Dancesport (although she quit already, but im still really grateful that she pushed me and motivated me to go join), i stepped into the world of Latin Dance. 

So, coincidentally, Jolene also joined NPDS, and since i had no guy partner, the chill couple was borned! hahahah! currently still in a girl-girl partnership with her and we dont intend to break partnership (: probably if we had gotten a guy partner for each of us, we would be in a semi-break situation. we would practise both boy-girl and girl-girl routines. its gonna be tough, but its gonna be worth it. We strive to be the next Eli and Hilary (: 

And NPDS had brought me to a whole new world of dancing and meeting people. All the freshies and seniors. though i can't feel the same family bond i felt from MND, probably because dancesport is more of couple by couple instead of one whole big group, but i can still feel the spirit in it. especially after audition. OH YAH! SPEAKING OF WHICH I GOT THROUGH INTO FORMATION TEAM! yayayayayayay!


so yea, dance had really brought me lots and lots of fun, joy and laughter. It brought me back to life. in fact, it brings me back to life when everything else fails. 

okay, thats it for today, may update more often (: goodbye~



Its a long, long journey. Till i find my way home, to you.
 



0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Playlist